Are you looking for a career opportunity that allows you to travel, provides adventure and the opportunity to bond with a crew of like-minded people? Quantec Geoscience Ltd. is looking for a committed Geophysical Technician. Travel and adventure would be a fundamental part of this position. You will could travel to various project areas throughout North America and other remote areas in the world, involving a wide range of climatic and terrain conditions.
The successful candidate will be exposed to a variety of new technologies and experiences and will have the opportunity to advance within the company from acquisition of data to management of field crews. Data quality is very important – therefore we need someone that is dedicated to taking quality measurements and adhering to quality control standards. Quantec also requires diversified people who can develop into high-end roles to ensure continued success of technology applications for clients.
Experience and Qualifications
- Science background an asset, but not required.
- Mining, geophysics, geology, and survey backgrounds are an asset.
- Field/outdoor experience is a requirement.
- Responsible, ability to work unsupervised, resourceful.
- Experience with use of compass or GPS
- Mechanically inclined. Troubleshooting and field repair capabilities are an asset.
- Leadership qualities – able to work independently and make informed field decisions.
- Physically fit – able to carry minimum 50 lbs of equipment while hiking in harsh weather and/or terrain conditions.
- Teamwork & cooperation – able to work with others for an extended duration.
- Health & Safety – as this is a safety sensitive position, must adhere to all health & safety requirements.
- A valid Driver’s License with a clean abstract and Passport would be definite assets.
Job Type: Full Time | Permanent Employment. Project durations range between 4-8 weeks, or greater.
Salary: CA$200-CA$250 per day
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send a cover letter along with a resume to:
Subject line: Geophysical Technician