Quantec Geoscience Ltd. is looking for a committed Geophysical Data Processor. Travel would be a fundamental part of this position and would entail traveling to various project areas throughout Canada, USA and internationally, involving a wide range of climatic and terrain conditions.
The Data Processor is a key member of Quantec’s field acquisition effort and is responsible for in-field processing, archiving and quality control (QC) of survey data. You will work closely with the survey team (Operations) and Interpretation and Technology Teams.
Travel to on-site field projects in remote locations is required. Evening- / night-shift work is typical.
The Data Processor role is part of the Technology Team, reporting to the V.P. Technical, with dotted lines to the Field Operations Manager, Project Geophysicist, and Project Manager of the project.
The Data Processor works as part of the geophysical survey field team, and provides a bridge to, and open communications with, the Interpretation, Operations and Technology Teams.
A key aspect to the role involves improving efficiency of hardware and software development particularly from a data time-series / signal processing perspective.
- Prepare positional survey data such as GPX and KML files
- Complete data processing and archiving of geophysical data collected daily
- Perform and aid in troubleshooting acquisition and/or processing problems
- Create reports in Word, Excel and occasionally and presentations in PPT
- Ensure data quality and data delivery (schedule) requirements are met
- Report software and hardware inefficiencies and bugs and help resolve these through testing and providing examples
Knowledge, Skills & Core Traits
- Strong MS-Windows computer skills including data management, programming, MS-Office
- Experience with command window tools(?)
- Ability to read and understand scientific plots, graphs, experimental problem solving
- An interest in computer logic, software and programming
- A technical diploma or relevant technical background and interest is an asset
- Geophysical knowledge and field experience are assets
- Willingness to work in outdoor field conditions and comfortable with international travel
- Being passionate about the outdoors is an asset
- Comfortable with camp accommodations
- Able to work in difficult environments (temperature extremes, high altitude, etc.)
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean abstract and passport (> 6 months) are required
Job Type: Full Time | Permanent Employment. Project durations range between 4-8 weeks, or greater.
Salary: $200.00-$225.00 per day
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send a cover letter stating their position of interest, along with a resume to:
Subject Line: Geophysical Data Processor