Quantec Geoscience Ltd. is looking for skilled Geophysicists. The Geophysicist works in an integrated team, providing sound interpretation of the company’s geophysical data with a strong focus on client relations. The Geophysicist is responsible for handling geophysical assignments independently.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts ground-based geophysical data QAQC, evaluation, and editing, using a variety of methods and software.
- Prepares and conditions data for inversion using multiple programs.
- Prepares detailed field logistical and geophysical interpretation reports.
- Works independently and efficiently to complete assignments and meet client commitments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Strives to learn new technical skills, particularly in different areas of non-seismic geophysics.
- Maintains professional awareness of external geophysical developments to identify where these may be used to benefit core business activities.
- Attends and completes training courses, as required.
- Performs and completes other responsibilities, as assigned.
Time Management, planning & organizing, attention to detail, communication at all levels, Initiative & Innovative thinking, problem-solving, decision making & judgement, consultation & mediation, coaching & mentoring.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
This position requires an individual with:
- University degree in Geophysics or related subjects, with a minimum of 5 years’ related experience required.
- Strong background and experience in the application of geophysical 2D and 3D inversions in different methods (MT, DC/IP, TEM, Magnetic, Gravity, etc.) using geoscientific software.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with co-workers, other departments, and clients.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and priorities.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- Strong communication, teamwork and team-building skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Current member of a professional association (P. Geo.) or currently working towards designation is preferred.
Flexible Office environment. Travel/Field visits required on an ad hoc basis.
Job Type: Full-time | Permanent Employment.
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience
Quantec Geoscience promotes employee wellness and work-life balance. Employee benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Work from home (hybrid)
- Company pension
- RRSP match
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Comprehensive extended health care benefits coverage including health, dental, vision, and paramedical
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- No dress code
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send a cover letter stating their position of interest, along with a resume to:
Subject Line: Geophysicist