Quantec Geoscience Ltd. is looking for a committed Geophysical Operator. Travel would be a fundamental part of this position and would entail traveling to various project areas throughout Canada, USA and internationally, involving a wide range of climatic and terrain conditions.
The successful candidate will be exposed to a variety of new technologies and experiences and will have the opportunity to advance within the company from acquisition of data to management of field crews. Data quality is very important – therefore we need someone that is dedicated to taking quality measurements and adhering to quality control standards. Quantec also requires diversified people who can develop into high-end roles to ensure continued success of technology applications for clients.
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong Science background
- Mining, geophysics, geology, and survey backgrounds are an asset
- Field/outdoor experience is a requirement
- Computer skills – ability to learn specific software packages
- Responsible, ability to work unsupervised, resourceful
- Experience with use of scientific/geophysical equipment
- Mechanically inclined. Trouble-shooting and field repair capabilities
- Leadership qualities – able to work independently and make informed field decisions
- Physically fit – able to complete tasks under harsh conditions
- Team work & cooperation – able to work with others for extended duration
- Health & Safety – as this is a safety sensitive position, must adhere to all health & safety requirements
- A valid Driver’s License with a clean abstract and Passport would be definite assets
Quantec Geoscience offers a dynamic environment for career growth, as well as competitive compensation.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send a cover letter stating their position of interest, along with a resume to:
Attention: Human Resources